Effective Date: April 1, 2018
To the extent we provide you notice on our Service of different or additional privacy policies or practices (e.g., at the point of our collection), those additional terms shall govern such data collection and use.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
(a) Information About You That You Provide
JustFix, and/or its Service Providers (defined below), may collect information you provide directly to JustFix and/or its Service Providers via the Service. For example, JustFix collects information when you use or register for the Service, subscribe to notifications, post on the Service, participate in promotional activities, or communicate or transact with JustFix through the Service. In addition, when you interact with third-party services, you may be able to provide information to those third parties. For more information on Service Provider data collection and practices, see “Information Collected Automatically” at Section 1(b).
(b) Information Collected Automatically
JustFix, its Service Providers, and/or Associated Third-Party Services may also automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use the Service (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system, information about your use of the Service, and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device). Except to the extent required by applicable law, or to the extent Usage Information is combined by or on behalf of JustFix with JustFix-Collected PI, JustFix does not consider Usage Information (including, without limitation, unique identifiers) to be Personal Information or JustFix-Collected PI. For more information on Service Provider data collection and practices, see “Information We Share With Third Parties” at Section 3. For information on choices some third parties may offer you regarding automated data collection, see “Choices: Tracking and Communications Options” at Section 5.
The methods that may be used on the Service to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, and may be stored in log files.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: cookies and web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”), and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be session ID cookies or tracking cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies remain longer and help in understanding how you use the Service, and enhance your user experience. Cookies may remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. If you use your browser’s method of blocking or removing cookies, some but not all types of cookies may be deleted and/or blocked and as a result some features and functionalities of the Service may not work. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file which may be placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. Flash cookies and HTML 5 cookies are locally stored on your device other than in the browser and browser settings won’t control them. To identify certain types of local shared objects on your computer and adjust your settings, please visit: www.macromedia.com/support. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”). Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain third-party services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services, and used by JustFix and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain third-party services. See “Choices: Tracking and Communications Options” at Section 5 regarding certain choices regarding these activities.
JustFix is giving you notice of the Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them explained in Section 5 so that your consent to encountering them is meaningfully informed.
(c) Information JustFix Collects From Partners and Other Sources
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
Advertising, Content Management and Location-Based Services. We may also use your Personal Information, Demographic Information or Usage Information that we collect about you: (1) to provide advertisements or content to you, including based on your activities; (2) to understand the usefulness and effectiveness of the advertisements or content that have been delivered to you; and (3) when you comment to or add content to the Service. For more on advertising, see “Third-Party Content, Third-Party Services, Advertising and Analytics” at Section 4.
Contact Us. Please note that information submitted to any of the Service via a “contact us” or other similar customer inquiry function may not receive a response. We will not use Personal Information provided by you in a customer inquiry communication to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request unless you agree otherwise.
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
JustFix may share non-Personal Information, anonymized Personal Information, and Personal Information that is not deemed JustFix-Collected PI hereunder, with third parties and their affiliates for any purpose. JustFix’s sharing of JustFix-Collected PI is, however, subject to the following:
- Marketing: Subject to your communications choices explained in Section 5, we may use your Personal Information to send you marketing communications. JustFix may share your JustFix–Collected PI with its affiliates, and with those partners we think you might be interested in, for their own marketing purposes.
- Your Disclosure or Consent: As more fully described in Section 5 (“Information You Disclose Publicly or to Others”) and Section 3 (“Information We Share With Third Parties”), your activities on the Service may, by their nature, result in the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties, and by engaging in these activities you consent to that and further sharing, and your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties. Such third party data receipt and collection is subject to the privacy and business practices of that third party, not JustFix.
- Service Providers. JustFix’s agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) may receive, or be given access to your information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, Demographic Information, and Usage Information, in connection with their work on JustFix’s behalf, provided however, JustFix does not authorize its Service Providers to use JustFix-Collected PI provided by JustFix to the Service Providers to send you direct marketing messages other than related to the JustFix absent your consent. However, third-party analytics and other Service Providers, and Third-Party Operators of Associated Third-Party Services, may set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your device, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, potentially including Personal Information, about you. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them or any information they collect directly from you. Some may offer you certain choices regarding their practices. For more information, see “Choices: Tracking and Communications Options” at Section 5.
- Corporate Transactions. JustFix may share your Personal Information, including, without limitation, JustFix-Collected PI, as well as your non-Personal Information, in connection with or during negotiations of any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, joint venture, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of JustFix assets, or transfer of all or a portion of JustFix’s business to another company (“Corporate Transactions”).
- Government Agencies and Civic Organizations. JustFix may give or provide access to anonymized Personal Information about you to government agencies and civic organizations to understand ongoing civic issues and ultimately provide improved services and education to consumers such as yourself.
- When You Request Information From or Provide Information to Third Parties. You may be presented with an option on our Service to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information, including JustFix-Collected PI, and other information may be disclosed to such third parties and all information disclosed will be subject to the third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their Tracking Technologies, Associated Third-Party Services (e.g., Third Party Operator’s content, tools, plug-ins, apps or ads on our Service) or link to them from our Service. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
- To Deliver Advertising. We, and others we work with (e.g., third party publishers, advertisers and advertising services providers) may use your Personal Information, Demographic Information and/or Usage Information we have collected in connection with the Service to target and deliver content and advertisements to you and other users, both on and off of our Service. Further, by using the Service, you consent to the use of your Personal Information and your Service activity information (including regarding your content consumption) in, or in connection with, sponsored content and advertisements shown to your connections or other users.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
The Service may contain content that is supplied by a Third-Party Operator, and those third parties may collect Usage Data and your device identifier when such content is served to you. Associated Third-Party Services may also be available via the Service. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by such third parties or their services and they may themselves be collecting data from you and may be sharing it with us and/or others. These third parties and their services may also associate their Tracking Technologies with you, track you across sites and time, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies.
In addition, when you are on the Service you may be directed to other services that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. For example, if you “click” on a link, the “click” may take you off the Service onto a different site. We encourage you to note when you leave our Service and to review the third-party privacy policies of all third-party locations and exercise caution in connection with them.
Be sure to review any available privacy policies and notices before submitting any Personal Information to a third party or its services, or otherwise interacting with third-party services or other locations you link to from our Service, and exercise caution in connection with them. We are not responsible for the availability, completeness or accuracy of such third parties’ policies or notices.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain third-party services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by JustFix and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant and retargeted ads (“Interest-based Ads”) and/or other content to you or others on the Service and certain third-party services.
As permitted by applicable law, JustFix is not responsible for third parties or third-party services associated with advertising and analytics services, and related tracking activities. Consult their privacy policies and notices for information on their practices and see “Choices: Tracking and Communications Options” at Section 5 regarding certain choices some of them may offer you.
CHOICES: TRACKING AND COMMUNICATIONS OPTIONS
(a) Accessing And Changing Information.
The Service may provide web pages or other mechanisms allowing you to delete, correct or update some of the Personal Information you have provided JustFix. JustFix will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in JustFix’s then-active databases as soon as practicable, but it is not always possible to completely change, remove or delete all of your information from JustFix’s databases and residual and/or cached data may remain archived thereafter. Further, we reserve the right to retain data (i) as required by applicable law; and (ii) for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data is retained as permitted by applicable law (e.g., business records).
(b) Tracking Technologies Generally. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. Also, tools from commercial browsers may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies (also known as locally shared objects), HTML5 cookies or other Tracking Technologies. For information on disabling Flash cookies, go to Adobe’s website http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-third-party-local-shared.html. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies some parts of the Service may not work and that when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, JustFix currently does not alter JustFix’s practices when JustFix receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. Some third parties, however, may also offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies. One way to potentially identify cookies on our Site is to add the free Ghostery plug-in to your browser (www.ghostery.com), which according to Ghostery will display for you traditional, browser-based cookies associated with the web sites (but not mobile apps) you visit and privacy and opt-out policies and options of the parties operating those cookies. JustFix is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this tool or third party choice notices or mechanisms. For specific information on some of the choice options offered by third party analytics and advertising providers, see the next section.
(c) Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
Certain companies may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") AdChoices Program and may display an Advertising Option Icon for Interest-based Ads that links to an opt-out tool which allows you to exercise certain choices regarding targeting. You can learn more about the DAA AdChoices Program at http://www.youradchoices.com/ and its opt-out program for mobile apps at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. In addition, certain advertising networks and exchanges may participate in the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). NAI has developed a tool that allows consumers to opt out of certain Interest-based Ads delivered by NAI members' ad networks. To learn more about opting out of such targeted advertising or to use the NAI tool, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Ads, you will continue to receive non-targeted ads. Further, opting out of one or more NAI or DAA members only means that those selected members should no longer under the DAA / NAI rules deliver certain targeted ads to you. This will affect this and other services, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser(s), or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI / DAA browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. Mobile device opt-outs will not affect browser-based Interest-based Ads even on the same device, and you must opt-out separately for each device. JustFix is not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs. However, JustFix supports the ad industry’s 2009 Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and expects that ad networks JustFix directly engages to serve you Interest-based Ads will do so as well, though JustFix cannot guaranty their compliance.
(d) Communications and Marketing.
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional communications (emails or text messaging) from JustFix at any time by (i) for promotional e-mails, by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or if available by changing your communication preferences by logging onto your account; and (ii) for text messages by following the instructions as provided in text messages from JustFix to text the word, “STOP”. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address or phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscriptions may continue. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, JustFix may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or JustFix’s ongoing business relations.
DATA SECURITY AND MONITORING
We endeavor to incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Service, and provide us with your information, at your own risk.